Saturday, May 30, 2009

Peaceful Warrior

Socrates: Everything has a purpose, even this, and it's up to you to find it. Socrates: A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does Socrates: I call myself a Peaceful Warrior... because the battles we fight are on the inside Socrates: This moment is the only thing that matters. Socrates: Where are you? Dan Millman: Here. Socrates: What time is it? Dan Millman: Now. Socrates: What are you? Dan Millman: This moment. Joy: [to Dan, touching his chest] I don't think your leg was the only thing that got broken. Dan Millman: The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination Dan Millman: The ones who are hardest to love are usually the ones who need it the most. Socrates: Those who are the hardest to love, need it the most Socrates: There is only the journey Socrates: A warrior is not about perfection or victory or invulnerability. He's about absolute vulnerability. Socrates: There is no starting or stopping - only doing. Dan Millman: There are no ordinary moments. Socrates: It's the journey, not the destination. Socrates: There's no greater purpose than service to others. Socrates: Everyone wants to tell you what to do and what's good for you. They don't want you to find your own answers, they want you to believe theirs. Dan Millman: Let me guess, and you want me to believe yours. Socrates: No, I want you to stop gathering information from the outside and start gathering it from the inside. Socrates: People are not theirs thoughts, they think they are, and it brings them all kinds of sadness. Dan Millman: Life has just three rules? Socrates: And you already know them... Dan Millman: Paradox, humour, and change. Socrates: Paradox... Dan Millman: Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out. Socrates: Humour... Dan Millman: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure. Socrates: Change... Dan Millman: Know that nothing stays the same. Dan Millman: I took for granted what I could do. I was sloppy with my life; I'm scared but I feel like I got rid of all the old stuff and it was the right thing to do. Socrates: Death isn't sad. The sad thing is: most people don't live at all. Socrates: Sometimes you have to lose your mind before you come to your senses. Socrates: Do you know what's the difference between me and you? Socrates: You practice gymnastics, I practice everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haz el test de personalidad gratuito!